As a professional services firm we have always been vigilant in maintaining client confidentiality. Client confidentiality is also governed by the ethical guide issued by our governing body, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have produced this policy statement in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose and make use of personal information. The following outlines our policy.
- We will collect and use of personal information with the sole objective of completing the work you require us to do on your behalf. We do not undertake marketing exercises and do not sell lists of clients to third parties. This is prohibited by our professional standards.
- We will only retain personal information so long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes. In some cases we will retain historic information which may be required for future purposes e.g. tax on disposal of assets.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with your knowledge or consent. Personal information will normally be provided in the first instance by you – an example of other sources is the HMRC website etc.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to clients information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Under General Data Protection Regulations you have the right to be “forgotten” and we will delete or destroy any information we hold about you upon receipt of a written request or in six months of ceasing to act for you unless retention is required by other laws such as money laundering regulations.
- We will only disclose information to third parties with your express permission, e.g. sending accounts to third parties on your behalf.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.