We are looking to recruit a hard-working, capable person who will be able to work to the firm’s high standards while gaining valuable professional experience.
The position is suited to someone with 3-5 years’ experience of preparing accounts for sole traders, partnerships and companies. Experience of dealing with company and individuals’ tax returns would be an advantage but not required as we will provide training where necessary.
The range of work you should expect to be involved in would include:
- The preparation of clients’ annual accounts.
- The preparation of clients’ tax returns, as individuals and for companies.
- Bookkeeping and the preparation of clients’ VAT returns.
We would require from you:
- Several years’ experience of working in a professional office, preparing accounts for clients.
- Experience of using accounts preparation software as well as the use of spreadsheets.
- Three good A Level passes, including a good grade in Maths.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- The desire and ability to learn new skills and to apply them in your work.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm as a team member, prepared to be involved where necessary.
- The ability and willingness to solve problems.
- The desire to stand out from those working around you as you fulfil your career goals.
In return, you will receive:
- High quality training.
- The opportunity to pursue your career goals with the support of the firm.
- A competitive salary.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. We close between Christmas and the New Year and treat one of the work days as an extra bank holiday.
- Once you have demonstrated your aptitude for the job the firm will consider funding a study package.
Checks and eligibility to work
To be successful in your application you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK, hold a full UK driving licence and own or have the use of a car. You will also be required to complete a C-me profiling exercise. This is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioural fit to the firm's culture. The test takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and is mandatory. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirements of the role.
If you are successful at interview and we consider making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to pre-employment checks being undertaken to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
If you do not satisfy the criteria required above but decide to apply for the position, you must explain fully, with detailed reasoning, why you think you should be considered.